Scope of Services Provided by PSP
Results when you need them, service when you call.
- Board certified pathologists skilled in handling all aspects of surgical and cytopathology.
- Subspecialty reporting in GI and dermatopathology.
- Rapid tissue processing with same day reports on urgent cases.
- Full color reports with images delivered day after specimen pick-up in over 90% of the cases.
- Comprehensive in-house library of Immunohistochemical stains.
- 90% of Pap smear reports delivered 24-48 hours after pick-up.
- In-house molecular testing for all known subtypes of HPV on Pap smears.
- HPV, CT/GC, HSV I and II, Group B Strep, Cystic Fibrosis and Inherited Thrombophilia testing all from same Pap vial.
- Dedicated PSP- owned courier service.
- Web based reporting for instant accessibility and printing.
- Interfacing with practice management systems and EMRs with online ordering and direct receipt of results into EMRs.
- Consultation on cases performed at other institutions.
- Technical services only, i.e. sample processing or special stains.
- PSP has insurance contracts for 95% of covered lives in our service area.
High Quality with PSP
We routinely provide a high quality service in all aspects of anatomic pathology. Our Board certified pathologists are skilled in handling all specimen types.
PSP further distinguishes itself by providing specialized reporting from fellowship trained or subspecialty boarded pathologists, currently in Dermatopathology and Gastrointestinal / Hepatic pathology.
Patients with certain clinical situations require specialists trained and experienced in their illness. We are continuing that same level of specialized care in diagnostic pathology resulting in:
- Faster turn around time
- Decreased numbers of equivocal reports with resultant either earlier definite treatment or fewer repeat procedures, and thus a better clinical outcome
- Consistently accurate diagnostics
- Decreased need for outside consultation with less delay and less cost to the patient
- Clinical correlation and treatment recommendations in difficult or equivocal cases